What would you do with an extra hour?
How many of times have you said if only there were more hours in the day? It is time to turn the clocks back so how will you take advantage of the extra hour tomorrow? Here are 10 ways you can put that extra hour to use this weekend.
- Sleep in and make sure you get a good 6-8 hours of sleep. I’m not a big fan of wasting an extra hour on sleep especially since it can’t help make up for chronic sleep debt. If you are having troubles with sleep than check out sleep.org.
- Take the opportunity to start a new exercise routine. Maybe go for a long walk, take a yoga class or try one of these workouts from Fitness Blender.
- Try a new breakfast recipe and treat your family and friends. Why not make a hatch chile breakfast strata or some maple butter cinnamon rolls? You’ll have some very happy people thanking you for this one.
- Make a plan for the week. A good plan can help make sure you get everything you need to accomplished. This can be as simple as a to do list on a piece of paper or you can make a daily schedule. Use an online tool or app like trello to keep you on track. Planning ahead helps make you productive and a written plan holds you accountable.
- Go grocery shopping. Don’t you hate going shopping when it is busy and the lines are long? One of the best times to go shopping is early morning or overnight and there are plenty of 24/7 grocery stores in most cities. Can’t you just imagine strolling through in peace and being able to check out the produce without being pushed or asked to move constantly?
- Read a book. When was the last time you were able to spend one uninterrupted hour reading a book or the newspaper end to end. Brew a cup of coffee, grab a blanket and curl up with that book you’ve been dying to read.
- Organize your closet. The weather is changing so now is the perfect time for you to re-organize your closet and put away all your warm weather clothes and take out your sweaters and the rest of your winter wardrobe (unless of course you are in the southern hemisphere!).
- Review your investments. I know…I know. We all put this off. Have you even reviewed your Q3 statements yet? Take a bit of time to get all your statements in line and review the performance.
- Research and plan your next vacation. Winter is coming and sometimes it can feel very long especially when the daylight hours are reduced. Planning something in the future so that you have something to look forward to can help keep you motivated.
- Reach out to someone you haven’t spoken to in awhile. Posting on a Facebook page or liking a photo on instagram doesn’t count. Pick up the phone or make plans to reconnect in person if they live nearby. This will be one hour that is really, really well spent.